Corner Cabinet Expert Tips for Organizing
The corner cabinet is one of the furniture pieces which can be used to save some space for our house or office. But there are a lot of choices in terms of cabinet types, designs, sizes, colors, and especially budget you need to consider when buying the cabinet furniture.
Some people prefer to buy it at the local furniture store, but some prefer to buy it online as believe they can find good deals or bargain furniture.
Corner cabinet! We confess to feeling a bit confounded by them. They’re so spacious! But, at the same time, they can be hard to navigate, thanks to funky angles and that awkward too-deep depth.
Many corner cabinets are equipped with built-in lazy Susans, which can help a little. What helps even more? These smart tips from organizing experts on how to best utilize your corner cabinet.
Read Also: Dash Mini Rice Cookers
Buying the Corner Cabinet For Who
There is, however, a caveat before buying any corner bathroom cabinet, which is that of possible injury resulting from sharp-edged cabinets. A slip and someone could get injured.
Notwithstanding this, Corner Cabinets can definitely be a nice addition to your residence if you have corner spaces that can be used.
- Are you buying this furniture item for yourself or it’s a gift for someone who either just moves in new house or need a new corner cabinet.
- Is it for adult use or children? Adult may need bigger cabinet, children may like more smaller but colorful cabinet.
- Is it purely for books or miscellaneous organizing, displaying purpose or it can be served as corner TV cabinet (for example)?
- Do you need basic corner cabinet furniture or those with glass doors, drawers, and other features?
Digital design school
Install several shelves to create a sort of open pantry. It can be framed by regular cabinets on either side or it can occupy an empty part of the kitchen. Either way, it’s better than a dead corner. Swing out corner cabinets are a good way to maximize the storage capabilities of a kitchen.
Corner Location and Space
Corner Cabinets that are placed in the dining or living room should be well made so as to properly fit into this part of your home. They should be eye-catching and a storage masterpiece. In other words, they should be exotic, but their design, color, and structure should rhyme with other furniture pieces here.
Now coming back to the corner bathroom cabinet, this piece of furniture can make use of that available space or angle in your washroom, even when you have a small bathroom because there are cabinets that can be made to fit into small spaces.
To get the most out of this corner space, consider using up the entire wall from floor to ceiling. This space does not have to be the same cabinets or shelves but can be variable depending on your storage needs. For example, consider using the bottom drawers that pull out directly to store pots, pans and more.
- Which corner at the house or office you want to place the furniture?
- What is the suitable size? Have you done some measurement so it would be too small or too big for fit in? This is to avoid any disappointment or headache after the purchase.
- What “flavor” of the furniture piece will blend in with other furniture items at home? Please refer to below for more details.
Read Also: Best Natural Wood Floor Cleaner
Dimension, Design, Color, and Material
If you are going to use wood to build your cabinet as most people do, you need to decide which type of wood you are going to use. You can make a visit to your local lumberyard and seen which wood type you prefer keeping in mind your budget for this project. The most common type of wood used for this purpose is teak, cedar, and oak.
some other materials you are going to need for this project are finishing. Depending on your preference while keeping in mind the design of your home, you may choose to use paints or you can have varnish for a more rustic loo.
- Are you looking for a corner cabinet with a modern or more antique look and feel?
- Which cabinet color you prefer and whether you can find it? Natural material color, black, white, brown, bright, or dark color?
- Is the cabinet for indoor or outdoor use? Metal or wood cabinet? For wood cabinets, common materials in the market are hardwood, oak, cherry, pine, and teak.
- How many tier levels, drawers, and whether cabinets come with glass doors?
- What is the cabinet dimension, especially the width and height? Remember to take measurements for these dimensions to make sure they can fit in the space available.
Budget and Delivery
Corner Cabinets present us with the possible choice of adding beauty and color to our homes, but not only this as it also allows folks the proper management of space in the various junctions of their condos, apartments, cribs, etc.
That is if they take full advantage of these spaces, which might have been taken over by other less desirable objects in the house. Okay, so what is a corner cabinet? The name of this cabinet type already gives away what it is.
So a corner cabinet simply put is a cabinet that is often triangular in design so as to fit into a corner of a room. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors depending on available space, intended design, etc.
A good example of this cabinet type is the corner bathroom cabinet. A lot of us can make do with this storage item since we often find it challenging to keep all our bathing accessories near our washroom without having such an item to help us keep them.
A benefit which this has is that we can’t forget these accessories since they will always be kept in this chest.
- How soon you need the furniture to be delivered? And whether there will be an additional charge for delivery or its free service? If you plan to purchase furniture or anything online, always try to contact them via email or telephone before you make the payment.
- Lastly, of course, will be your budget planned for this furniture item. Decide how much you would like to spend on the cabinet so you can narrow down items suit your budget and will not overspend.
Corner Cabinets – The Value That They Offer
Corner Cabinets have been made in times past to have an upper section that might be open or closed with glass doors. The lower part that is the bottom section often has strong doors, which is used to shut this part.
This kind of corner cabinet can still be found today in the dining rooms of some homes. The upper section can be deployed for displaying dishes, crockery, and other visually appealing items, while less desirable items can be kept in the lower part until they are needed.
When you have limited space in your home, especially in the living room, you make some modifications to make the most out of the space you have available. Utilizing corners can be a good way to do this. And with excellent corner cabinet plans, you yourself can build one easily.
With a corner cabinet, you can easily store or display items in your house. This keeps things organized while maximizing the space you have available. And to make it even more ornate, you can also customize its design so it blends well with the interiors of your home.
However, there are certain things you need to consider before you construct the corner cabinet. You need to plan on these things to make the construction process go as smoothly as possible. Some points to consider includes:
Size of the Corner Cabinet
The size of the cabinet you are going to build largely depends on the dimensions of your corner space. After all, it has to fit exactly on the available space.
Having said that, you still get to determine the overall size of the cabinet keeping in mind the items you want to store in there. Getting the dimensions is one of the very first things you need to do for this project.
8 Simple Ways to Organize Pots and Pans Like a Pro
If you don’t want to trouble yourself with making your own design, you could do well by having excellent corner cabinet plans guide you through the process.
This way, even if you want so customizations done, you will just make minor modifications and not have to go through the whole process of designing everything.
If you are looking for cabinet plans with top-notch quality, I strongly suggest you go for a blueprint with very good working diagrams that demonstrate the whole process.
Aside from an easy-to-understand instruction, this is certainly what you need to make the construction easier to accomplish.
- Hang them overhead.
- Next, hang them on the wall.
- Hang them on the side of your cabinet.
- Hide them in the cabinet corner.
- Use a pegboard.
- Put them inside a drawer.
- Install a sliding pot rack inside your cabinet.
- Invest in a roll-out organizer.
A Look at the Corner Cabinet
If you are in a home with limited floor and storage space, you can greatly benefit from a corner china cabinet. This is a great decorative option for storing a wide array of things and will serve as a conversation piece whenever you have guests.
This can also be an heirloom that is passed down from generation to generation.
Corner china cabinets come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles that are all unique. This is part of what makes them such a fun item. You can show your personality and style by choosing one that you love.
Some varieties feature open shelving while others will have delicate glass doors. Others will be tall and skinny, perfectly designed for those little knick-knacks that every household seems to collect.
These furniture pieces are also created from a wide variety of different materials. Wood is the most popular by far, but they are also available in glass models.
Some will be designed in a traditional style while others can be more modern and contemporary. You should select one that represents your taste and suits the rest of your home decor.
These corner cabinets are really great for all your storage needs. Some are designed specifically for home entertainment storage purposes.
Many individuals have a vast collection of DVDs and CDs, and the shelving on these cabinets offers a great solution. You can also put your DVD player on a shelf here and keep it more obscure.
Many love to use these cabinets for their treasured items. They make a great display case for antiques, china, and items that have been passed down from former family members.
They offer a great benefit in that they give you a way to display these items without them sitting out in the open and potentially being broken.
Top cabinets, which are not only deep but also high, present even more of a challenge than bottom cabinets. You can’t even reach the back without a step stool!
DeMorrow’s smart solution is to line the back of those shelves with the fancy glassware that rarely gets used and use the very front of those shelves for the glasses you use all the time.
These smart tips from organizing experts on how to best utilize your corner cabinets.
- Stash less-used items in the back.
- Use bottom corner cabinets as appliance garages.
- Or consider storing garbage and recycling.
- Resist the urge to overfill.
- You don’t need fancy organizers.
Hope you found this brief corner cabinet buying guide useful. You may want to bookmark this article and welcome to share it with others. Feel free to give us comments on the article.
It is your comment and feedback which keeps us motivated to share more useful information. If you require additional information about corner cabinets, again, please let us know and we will happy to include them in our future articles.